The baby ripple blanket is finished although I am not happy with the photographs that I have taken so this one of the work in progress will have to do for now. The light in my house is not very good for photographs and the pictures really don’t show the colours well. Although I love the colours I found that I got bored with the stripes. Next time, maybe I will use more colours but although it’s a good make for a baby, I don’t see myself making an adult-sized ripple blanket. However, I have plenty of yarn left over from the world-traveller blanket which I think would ripple into a lovely cushion. Next time I make striped crochet I will use a larger-sized hook for the foundation chain as the chain was a bit tighter than the first stripe. The border was a bit of a problem and I tried three different designs before settling on a row of lime trebles followed by a row of teal doubles with a row of pink doubles to finish. I had rather a lot of ‘help’ from Rosie whilst making this blanket so it needs a wash before going to its new home.
The blanket is made from three 100g balls of Wilkinson’s ‘Yarnfair’ acrylic DK (with very little left over).